Comprehensive Orthopedic Trauma Care
While any orthopedist can treat basic fractures, it takes a specially trained and experienced traumatologist – like the orthopedic surgeons at Tri County Orthopedics – to effectively treat an orthopedic trauma victim.
By orthopedic trauma, we mean a severe injury to part of the musculoskeletal system. This is often the result of a sudden impact, such as a car accident.
Not every orthopedic trauma is life-threatening, but it can be life-altering if not promptly and properly cared for. This is what makes your choice of an orthopedic specialist especially important.
At Tri County Orthopedics, our doctors have undergone rigorous training in orthopedic trauma. They participate in continuing education on the latest in fracture and trauma care in order to provide the most advanced services, which include:
- Fracture care and treatment
- Open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) in which a broken bone is first reduced (put back into place), then an internal fixation device is placed on the bone using screws, plates, rods, or pins to hold the broken bone together
- External fixation in which rods are screwed into a bone, and they exit the body to be attached to a stabilizing structure
- Casting to hold a broken bone together while it heals
- Tendon and ligament reconstruction
In addition to treating relatively basic trauma injuries – such as simple fractures and muscle or tendon injuries – we also have the skills, technology, and experience to handle more complicated injuries. These include fractures of the pelvis and hip, complex fractures, and dislocations of the foot, ankle, knee, hip, elbow, and shoulder.
Orthopedic Traumatologists in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Whether you or a loved one has a simple fracture or a complex injury, you’ll receive the highest-quality care at Tri County Orthopedics. Our surgeons have extensive experience with your type of injury, and we treat similar traumatic injuries on a regular basis.
To learn more about our traumatology medical services, contact Tri County Orthopedics in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and schedule an appointment by calling (248) 474-5575 or by using our online request an appointment form.